REGIONAL PPT, PLACEMATS AND
Available for download: SIM_Spring_2013
In Thunder Bay, we learned through the work of Rainy River where the use of e-platforms has had the effect of raising the bar, deepening student with student conversations and deepending professional learning. Visit padlet.com/wall/TBaySIM to get an overview. Of note, the VoiceThreads can not be viewed from the padlet.
In the London East Region
Grand Erie shares during a SIM breakout… a Growth Mindset / Fixed Mindset YouTube video and Growth Mindsets in connection to the work within SWS-T.
In the Toronto Region
In the London West Region…
Lambton Kent DSB sharing …..
- using the app Explain Everything – LKDSB grade 2 subtraction , Grade 6 Balancing PLUS the ppt that shares some of their implementation as of Spring, 2013 SIM April 2013 LKDSB Presentation along with one sample of their unit-by-unit NUMERACY FACILITATOR NEWSLETTER NSN Junior term 2
In the Ottawa Region, Eastern Ontario Staff Development Network sharing:
Day 1 Clips
Welcome to Spring SIM – downloadable video
Mind-Sets – in response to interest to think further about changing mindsets, two clips as well as a set of excerpts about mindsets will be shared at the SPRING SIM regionals.
- One Teacher’s Changed Mindset – from October 2012’s The Agenda, TVO, downloadable. Full program available on TVO’s special site for their Learning 2030 site
- The Power of Belief – Mindsets and Success, a TEDx presented by Eduardo Briceno. Full version available on TEDx. Shortened version with two minute think time – download here.
- From March 2013’s The Agenda, a student trustee shares his thinking about where education is with respect to technology. Download here.
- Students as Researchers video from group in Timmins, download here (print resource available)
REGIONAL VIDEOS CREATED BY DISTRICT TEAMS in response to the prompt: How do student voice and mind-sets support and inform your work in system implementation and monitoring? These were shared on Day 2.
Barrie Region’s Districts’ Video – view and download here
London West Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
Thunder Bay Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
Ottawa Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
Toronto Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
Sudbury Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
London East Region’s Districts’ Video – download here
Upload Instructions for district 45-second clips.
From the Leaders In Action webcast,
- Michael Fullan speaks of Leadership Growth Mind-Sets
- Lucy West speaks of the importance of hearing students’ voices
ARTICLES AND EXCERTS
Teaching Smart People How To Learn – Chris Argyris
Blog sharing thinking about Single-Loop, Double-Loop Learning
Some additional links to thinking around student voice and engagement: from the Innocenti Essays –> Hart’s Ladder, from the Students at the Centre project –>Motivation, Engagement and Student Voice, Empowering Students as Active Participants in Curriculum Design and Implementation